?

Log in

[Chloe] Ebil! Awakens! - Five Years Found

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

Links
Crossing Lost RPG

December 23rd, 2006


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
sinanju
01:02 pm - [Chloe] Ebil! Awakens!
Who: Chloe Sullivan
Where: The Gate Room, Atlantis
When: Approx. two hours after SG-23's arrival
Invited: Anyone and everyone
Status: Complete

Chloe walked out of her newly assigned quarters in a giddy mood. Atlantis was amazing! It was incredible, in fact. It was hard to accept that the city was as old as it was known to be. It seemed brand new, as if even the Atlantis expedition had just moved in and hadn't had time to scuff the floors. Chloe reminded herself that the city was actually several million years old and giggled. Incredible!



It wasn't exactly homey, though. It was a cold city in many ways. Not very inviting or comfortable looking, though the human-occupied areas were nice enough. On the other hand, compared to that ice palace of Clark's--and presumbly to Krypton as a whole, at leas before it was destroyed--it was positively warm and cuddly.

Using the transporter closet--(The T.C.,) Chloe thought and laughed to herself--was mildly amusing. Not as frightening as gating all the way to Atlantis, not as exciting as the ring transporters. But it got her back to the center of the city very quickly. Chloe stepped out of the T.C. and looked around.

A handful of Marines stood guard here and there. Lots of people in Atlantis jumpsuits hurried to and fro, though a few sauntered instead. They were probably off duty, Chloe guessed. The stargate--which looked very different from the gate at the SGC was inactive at the moment. Overhead, the high ceiling provided room for Puddle Jumpers to swoop down from their bays and fly through the gate.

Chloe was about to go in search of the commissary when she saw a woman not wearing the Atlantis uniform walking by. Teyla Emmagen. Native of the Pegasus galaxy and a kick-ass warrior by all accounts. But nothing in the briefings Chloe had read had indicated just how hot she was, not even the photographs. "Teyla? Teyla Emmagen?"

Teyla stopped and looked at her. "Yes. You are Chloe Sullivan? Of SG-23?"

"Yes!" Chloe said, approaching her. She felt unreasonably pleased that Teyla knew who she was. "I just...I saw you walking by, and...and...." Chloe reached out to grab her arms and lay a big kiss on her. Teyla parried her easily, automatically, looking surprised.

Chloe tried again. Teyla evaded her again, a tiny frown line appearing on her brow. "Miss Sullivan, this is not..." she said, but Chloe wasn't listening. She had to kiss Teyla. She had to. For a start. There were a lot of things she suddenly wanted to do to Teyla, and she knew Teyla would like them if she'd simply go along with it.

Chloe lunged at her again. "Teyla, just--I only want to..." Teyla parried her again. Chloe tried to counter her, but even a couple of years of training made her no match for Teyla. What made it especially humiliating--and embarrassment and anger began to erode her initial lusty impulses--was that Teyla clearly wasn't even trying hard. She wasn't even really thinking about it when she reacted.

Chloe felt her anger mounting rapidly. She continued struggling fruitlessly, panting and growling. She wasn't trying to kiss the woman any longer. Now she wanted to strike her, hurt her. Teyla parried her a couple more times, then resorted to a pain compliance hold. It hurt, but Chloe ignored it. Let Teyla dislocate her shoulder--it would heal before she finished punching Teyla out!

More hands seized Chloe now. She struggled, screaming at them, cursing. In her frenzy, Chloe managed to wrench one arm free long enough to grab a Marine's sidearm. Before she could use it, something struck her arm hard enough to break it an instant before she went down under a pile of bodies, immobilized by their sheer weight.

"Take her to Dr. Beckett," Chloe heard Teyla say. "Confine her until he can determine what is wrong with her."
Current Mood: infuriatedinfuriated
Current Music: NIne Inch Nails, "Closer"

(37 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:purplerhino
Date:December 23rd, 2006 10:21 pm (UTC)

[Molly]

(Link)
{{Applaudes the Chloe post}}

Molly sat down sipping her herbal tea. The commissary/mess/whatever was brightly lit and people were already coming in for lunch. Like a kitchen, this seemed to be one of the main meeting and gathering places on Atlantis. And it was a damn good thing they had cooks here.

Molly was a master at jazzed up scrambled eggs, bacon, meatballs and spaghetti (so long as the sauce came from a can/jar) but those were the limits of her culinary skills. She kept trying to improve, but after Jon got sick forcing himself to eat one of her muffins she only used herself as test subject. It was kind of sweet that he didn’t want to hurt her feelings by telling her the damn thing tasted mostly of baking powder.

As she smiled at the memory of her own cooking disasters a fight broke out in the corner of the mess. Two of the new marines were shouting at each other. They had been trying to chat up a blonde woman, who had laughed good-naturedly at their jokes, although her two companions only smirked a bit.

When the shouting started the woman and her companions, a dark haired man and a muscular black man with a really cool gold tattoo thing on his forehead looked disapproving, then concerned as the first fist flew.

Molly was on her feet, not quite sure what she planned on doing, even as the two men got the combatants in a hold that rendered them pretty much incapable of moving.

“Security to the mess,” Molly called. It was all she could do, pretty much calling the police in on a bar fight.

She was completely taken aback by the lack of discipline the two marine’s had shown. So alarmed was she by the sudden violence, she hadn’t noticed the woman weeping quietly in a corner, gazing at a photo.
[User Picture]
From:sophiedb
Date:December 24th, 2006 10:19 am (UTC)

[Jon]

(Link)
OOC: I'm presuming that since SG1 came through the gate, they'll be feeling a bit extreme too?

Jon made his way to the commissary with a smirk on his face. Just because they'd just finished a test run (which went very nicely if he did say so himself) didn't mean he wanted to look over the results right now. Missing lunch or substituting it with power bars was a level of geekdom to which he would never stoop. That and Molly would be -

WTF?! Familiar faces were always welcome, but did the jarheads have to start fighting already?

"T? Mitchell? What the hell's going on here?"

"The situation is under control, JonMurphy."

"Ya, I can see that." Uh-huh. Two men who should be standing down, with another two about to join in when even Mitchell should have had 'his' Marine on the ground by now. Carter wasn't looking too calm either. The rest of the crowd was keeping their distance. "Anyone call security?"

"Done."

Dana (or whatever her name was) bless Molly.

"Get your stinking hands off me, Jaffa!"

"I shall not." "Watch your mouth, Corporal." "You tell 'em, Smith!" Thwack! (that last coming from Carter)

Jon glared at all five of them, unable to believe his eyes. It was as if they were baiting each other to fight back, and getting worse. Where the hell had discipline gone? At least the longer-term Atlantis personnel in the commissary were taking up positions now, waiting to see what happened. They might not know Jon's real background, but they knew him better than they did any newcomers - SG1's reputation aside - and were just as indignant that anyone would think of causing trouble in their home.

"Do you need a hand or is there some kind of problem with restraining those men properly?"

Ten eyes snapped towards him. Oh crap. He hadn't just united them under some new damn cause, had he? Who the hell'd been tampering with the water this time?
[User Picture]
From:lost_mckay
Date:December 24th, 2006 03:12 pm (UTC)

[Sheppard]

(Link)
There. With the unannounced new arrivals safely in place in the Infirmary, the Lt. Colonel was freed up for getting back to --- "Security to the mess..."

Well, yup... just another day at the office. Sheppard broke into a trot towards the messhall. He didn't return the call, though call it an overblown sense of curiousity. It wasn't often that city security was called, particularly to the messhall. Not as if they had a bar, and to his knowledge, there wasn't a shortage of coffee, so it couldn't be the scientific types fighting over their jolt of caffeine they all so seem to require. (Not that he doesn't like his cup of joe in the morning...)

Rounding the corner to the messhall, he slowed up as he looked at the sight before him, voicing complaint even as he crossed the threshold into the room. "What the hell is going on?" His marines? Oh... great.

Now, technically, his entrance into the room should have brought the men to some semblance of attention, his at least, while the visiting Colonels would have taken a step back, but... that wasn't happening, for some reason. His anger (and disappointment) was rising with each step into the room. Sheppard crossed the short distance to where Jon was and put his hands on his hips and stared. "Stand down." The words were a little more than a suggestion, and in the seconds following, he could feel his anger rise. "Now, what is going on?"

That'd be two versus five now... and the odds didn't look good...
[User Picture]
From:sophiedb
Date:December 27th, 2006 08:54 pm (UTC)

[Jon]

(Link)
Jon watched the Marines fall over each other in an onslaught of salutes and apologies, swiftly followed by Mitchell and Carter flushing as red as strawberry jello. Teal'c's stiff bow was long and low. The question was, why? Sure they'd done wrong and should account for their actions, but this was.. excessive. Sudden, too. A foolish man might say something about mood swings and PMT.

Maintaining the frown of disapproval, he spoke to Sheppard from the corner of his mouth. "How long do you reckon before one of them begs for a holding cell?"

The other man's response was lost in a sudden impression of animosity from Ami of all people. No words, just a hell of a lot of GRRR. Ok so he hadn't gotten round to saying hi properly yet, but wasn't that excessive? Oh.. that word again. This didn't look good, and given his inexperience and Ami's greater strength he wasn't keen to hazard an "are you ok?" for fear of getting fried.

Jon opened his mouth to say something, anything, to Sheppard, then noticed that brief, distracted look that came over when the ear pieces kicked in. Something on a channel he didn't get then.

"Jackson needs help."

Well that saved an explanation. "I'll take her - the jarheads respond better to you anyway."

Sheppard shook his head. "The other Jackson."

"And there I was thinking these people were supposed to make our lives easier."
[User Picture]
From:lost_mckay
Date:December 28th, 2006 12:12 am (UTC)

[Sheppard]

(Link)
Sheppard stood there and stared as the Three Stooges scene played out in front of him. Of course, he didn't get an answer, but the cessation of hostilities was more than enough for him-- though he had to admit, it was kinda weird seeing it from Teal'C and Mitchell...

Sheppard responded in kind, that is to say, leaned over to the younger man and offered, "This is just creepy." Still, not losing a beat, the Colonel straightened, nodded once decisively, his hands still on his hips.

"Right. At ease, though not as you were. Break it up... Wilson, Evans... you've got training in half an hour. Get a move on..." Another nod is given in acknowledgement of Mitchell and Teal'C... and Sam before he caught the message across his radio.

"Jackson needs help."

Shaking his head, the Colonel turned around and headed out. "Level 4, Historical Archives Section 2A... come with me, Murphy." Over the radio, he called, "Sheppard to security... bring stunners. I have a feeling we might need 'em... Bates, I want all teams issued one... Teyla? I'd feel better if you had one too... Sheppard out." This was just nuts. His Marines fighting in the messhall... with SG-1???

"Since when is anything easy here?"
[User Picture]
From:fikgirl
Date:December 24th, 2006 12:42 am (UTC)

[Teyla]

(Link)
Teyla watched with quiet curiosity and wariness as the marines led Miss Sullivan away. While Teyla had been briefed on the influx of civilians into the SGC back in the Milky Way galaxy, all of the briefings had been careful to point out that those admitted into the program were carefully screened and monitored. Chloe Sullivan's behavior could only be indicative of Something Wrong.

A brief smile lit upon her face as she heard John's voice in her head, "Just another day at the office then." (Where is John?)

Resisting the sudden driving urge to go find the man, Teyla instead forced herself to follow dutifully after Miss Sullivan and her marine escort. Carson would need to know the details regarding Miss Sullivan's . . . assault upon Teyla. Once she reported in, she could find John and brief him on the situation.

It never seemed odd to her at all that she didn't consider briefing Dr. Weir first.
[User Picture]
From:sinanju
Date:December 24th, 2006 09:32 am (UTC)

[Chloe]

(Link)
Chloe struggled against her captors with desperate strength but four burly Marines were more than a match for her. They tromped through the corridors of Atlantis, each Marine holding an arm or a leg, seemingly deaf to Chloe's curses and threats of horrible, painful death. Her broken arm had healed almost immediately; the Marine holding that arm was making no allowances for the injury after she'd punched him in the nose with it.

The trip through the corridors to medical didn't take long. A doctor--Dr. Beckett, Chloe recognized him from a briefing photo--looked up from a computer terminal in surprise when the Marines came through the door with her. "What's this, then?" he asked at the same time that Teyla told the Marines, "put her there," pointing at a bed.

Chloe resumed struggling, but the Marines managed to get her onto a bed and then strapped down in short order. She took pride in managing to get a couple of good punches and kicks in before they finished, but she missed most of what Teyla told Dr. Beckett.

Dr. Beckett approached her warily. Chloe glared at him. "Chloe Sullivan, SG-23, right?"

"You know I am," Chloe snapped.

"I'm Dr. Beckett."

"I know that too."

"Do you know the date?" Becket asked. Chloe rolled her eyes at the question, but answered the question.

"Do you know why you're here?"

Chloe scowled at him, annoyed by the stupidity of the question. "Of course I do! Because I--" Chloe balked at completing the sentence. Because I attacked Teyla.

Chloe glanced at Teyla for a moment, then away. Her cheeks felt hot suddenly. She closed her eyes, haunted by the memory of her reaction to seeing Teyla. Why had she tried to kiss her that way? It wasn't like her, not like that. Neither was growing angry and attacking Teyla, and then the Marines who tried to restrain her.

(Oh god,) Chloe thought, remembering how she'd snatched a gun from one Marine guard's holster, (I tried to kill one of them!)

(I was completely out of control,) Chloe thought, horrified by her behavior and certain that her career with the SGC was over. She felt her eyes tearing up. Dr. Beckett was calling her name again and trying to get her attention. Chloe ignored him. What was the point?

She was finished. Ruined. She'd made a fool of herself and come close to killing someone in the process. Tears rolled down her cheeks and she struggled in vain to prevent herself from sobbing. (And now I'm making a fool of myself again. At least try to go out with a hint of dignity, Sullivan,) Chloe told herself.

It did no good. Nothing could do any good. She'd fucked up monumentally and all she could expect from here on out was grief and humiliation and misery. Bleak depression weighed her down and seemed to squeeze the air from her lungs. Chloe could barely breathe it was so oppressive. She lay there in sick bay, strapped to a bed, wheezing with every sobbing breath, crying.
[User Picture]
From:fikgirl
Date:December 24th, 2006 04:03 pm (UTC)

[Ami] Emotional Rollercoaster Ride

(Link)
Isabelle was inconsolable. The tot had been crying – or laughing – uncontrollably for the last forty-five minutes. Ami knew that touring the city over stimulated her daughter, and after bidding a fond farewell to Chloe, with a promise to meet up later, she returned to their assigned quarters. She lie down with Isabelle for a short nap, which was interrupted by Isabelle waking and crying in terror.

Ami calmed her daughter's cries empathically from blood-curling to simply upset, then called Scott back to their quarters. Her first impulse was to rush the girl to the infirmary, but knew that Scott would be irritated if she didn't at least call him to check her over first. Scott's annoyance at being pulled from whatever it was she pulled him from was apparent, but worry for Isabelle surfaced through it and he gave their daughter a thorough exam.

The exam turned up nothing physically wrong. By that time, though Isabelle shifted from terror to laughter. Everything was funny to her, so much so that she laughed her way into a bout of throwing up. Rather than upset her as it normally did, she hiccupped and giggled throughout the changing of clothes. Ami and Scott soon started laughing with her, and then their mood shifted to something else entirely.

Unfortunately, Isabelle was awake and watching, and with some difficulty, Ami dismissed her husband's amorous advances. That started the row, which resulted in Isabelle breaking into terrified howls at the roughness of her parents emotions and Scott storming out of their quarters, hiding in that bloody Algeiban void.

From there however, Isabelle became Ami's sole focus. The girl's emotions were a rollercoaster, and no amount of empathic soothing would keep her calm or on an even keel for long. Ami tried shielding Isabelle, but that intensified whatever emotional tide her daughter rode and took Ami along, making her nearly non-functional. Finally, she was left with no resort than to shield herself from her daughter – something that made her miserable sick to do, and caused Isabelle get distress on top of whatever else was going on – and rush to the infirmary.

Shielding from Isabelle also meant shielding from Scott and the rest of the restless and emotional minds at Atlantis. Ami carried her now crying daughter past two scientists in a heated argument and the girl howled more loudly. Attention turned in Ami's direction, and her "mother wolf" – a termed coined by one of her fellow Tomorrow People -- look must have been firmly on her face because no one said a word to her about the crying child.

Isabelle's cries changed to laughter and cuddles and snuggles when they passed a couple clearly on their way to spend some quality alone time together, and so it went until they reached the infirmary. Although Ami was not riding Isabelle's emotional rollercoaster, she still felt as though she'd been through the wringer.

It was only when she stepped into the infirmary that she wondered what she was doing there. Physically, there was nothing wrong with her daughter. She didn't need a doctor, she needed The Doctor, but had no idea where to find him.

"Is she ill?" A nurse asked, ushering Ami into the infirmary. "This is Isabelle Anderson?"

It pleased Ami that the medical staff was prepared. (But how many two year olds do they have running about?)

"She's upset. Or not," Ami sighed, looking around and really wishing that there was someone she could speak with who might be of actual help to her. "I can't keep her calm and need something to help her sleep for a bit."

"Let's take her over here. Dr. Beckett can examine her –"

"There's nothing wrong with her!" Ami snapped and then collected herself. She took a breath and spoke calmly as Isabelle launched into a new round of soft sobs, "Physically she's fine. She's simply – blimey, what the hell am I doing in here? It's not as though someone like you could possibly understand!"

[message too long...to be continued ...]
[User Picture]
From:fikgirl
Date:December 24th, 2006 04:15 pm (UTC)

[Ami] Emotional Rollercoaster Ride, part II

(Link)
Ami saw the brief flicker of annoyance in the woman's eyes, but her smile and her voice were reassuring and calm. "Dr. Jackson-Anderson, I assure you that we want to do nothing more than help your daughter. But in order to do that, we really must examine her and find out what's wrong with her –"

"She's bleedin' hysterical, can't you tell that, then? Did you spend all those years in nursing school with your head shoved up your arse? One minute she's up, the next she's down and she needs some real help, not whatever you think you're going to do by taking her temps and peeking down her throat!" Ami's voice rose slowly by octaves, and instead of crying, Isabelle began to giggle.

"Dr. Jackson-Anderson –"

"Stop bloody patronizing me!" Ami turned on her heel, intending to escape the room when she saw Chloe. Her friend was strapped to a bed and sobbing softly. Ami hurried over there, pushing past the marine standing closeby and daring the man to touch her and her daughter with a look.

"Chloe!" Ami exclaimed. Isabelle twittered and Ami held her close. "What's happened to her? What have you lot done to her?"

"Please, doctor," a woman approached her. Ami recognized her from the briefing – Teyla Emmagen. "Miss Sullivan is not well. She is here for her own protection. Your daughter is not well, either, is that correct? If you'll come with me and allow Dr. Beckett –"

The rest of the woman's words were lost as she laid a hand lightly upon Ami's arm. Ami reacted instinctively, telekinetically picking up and throwing the woman across the medical lab a good five feet. The same happened to the two marines who tried to rush at her. It was distraction enough for Ami to teleport to Chloe's side and take the woman's hand.

"It's a'right, Chloe. It's going to be fine." Ami smoothed Chloe's hair in a maternal fashion, smiling when Isabelle wiggled out of her arms to crawl over to Chloe and hug the prone woman as best she could. Sensing movement, Ami glanced over her shoulders at the approaching marines. Empathic orders rang in her voice. "Stay. Right. There. The only person who comes near any of us better be able to help Chloe and my daughter."

[OOC: Um, telekinetic-telepathic-teleporter who's also a Mom, affected by an emotional upset and doubly affected when her daughter's affected, um ... yeah...woops! *giggles*]
[User Picture]
From:fikgirl
Date:December 24th, 2006 04:21 pm (UTC)

More OOC

(Link)
The marines will stay put. Unless they are extremely strong-willed or have received a lot of training in psychic resistance, they've basically just received an order they can't disobey for at least few minutes. They can shake it off in about two or three minutes or if someone starts ordering them around, still it will take them at least a minute's recovery time even in that scenario.

Dr. Weir and Dr. Beckett know that Ami is a powerful psychic and that she is psychically and telepathically linked to her daughter and husband. Dr. Weir will know about the teleporting, that's partially a bargaining chip Ami used to get onto Atlantis - the ability to teleport herself out of danger - and the telekinetic ability would have been extremely down played.

Question for sophiedb: how much does the Atlantis contingent know about Jon?
[User Picture]
From:sophiedb
Date:December 24th, 2006 05:22 pm (UTC)

Re: More OOC

(Link)
The command staff know all about the cloning, maybe some of the other military too. Other that that it's the bog standard "Uncle Jack" story so they don't bug him to sign up so much, mainly because he doesn't want to explain why he can't be an O'Neill re-run (sticking to "my choice, deal with it" as far as Sheppard etc is concerned was plenty enough).

Jack may have told Weir a little about Tomorrow People on the grounds that she should know what her staff are capable of, but she's never mentioned it so Jon suspects but doesn't know.
[User Picture]
From:fikgirl
Date:December 24th, 2006 08:13 pm (UTC)

Re: More OOC

(Link)
Good point about Jack. I'll edit my OOC commentary to state that Dr. Weir likely *does* know about The Tomorrow People and she knows about Ami, too. So does Dr. Beckett for medical reasons.
[User Picture]
From:sinanju
Date:December 25th, 2006 10:54 pm (UTC)

[Dr. Beckett]

(Link)
"Doctor!"

The note of alarm in his assistant's voice caught Carson Beckett's attention. He jumped up from his seat and dashed toward the main room of the infirmary. Teyla and two maries were picking themselves up from the floor and eyeing Dr. Jackson-Anderson warily. Beckett glanced at his assistant. She answered his unspoken question quietly. "We've got another one," she said.

"Terrific," Beckett said. "Let Dr. Weir know, and ask for more security. We might need it." Taking a deep breath in the vain hope that it would help calm him, he approached Dr. Jackson-Anderson. "What seems to be the problem?"

She turned a glare on him. "Everyone around here is an idiot!" she snapped, which wasn't at all like her. (Julia is right,) he thought. "My daughter needs help, not pointless poking and prodding. And why is Chloe tied up?"

"Miss Sullivan attacked Teyla Emmagen without provocation, then fought several Marine guards. Until we can determine what caused her to behave so oddly, she's being restrained for her safety as well as everyone else's."

Beckett followed Ami's glance toward Chloe. She was cooing and giggling and making baby talk at the child, who was likewise giggling. "That's ridiculous," Ami said. "She's not dangerous. I'd know."

"Not now, no," Beckett agreed. "But her moods are unstable. You said your daughter needed help," he said. "Let me guess--she's been demonstrating wild mood swings, going from one extreme to another? Crying one minute and laughing hysterically the next?"

Beckett didn't need Ami's slow nod to tell him he was right. The widening of her eyes was enough. "And you?" he pressed. "Are you certain that you're not suffering the same effect?"
[User Picture]
From:fikgirl
Date:December 27th, 2006 02:33 am (UTC)

[Ami]

(Link)
"Of course I'm certain!" Perhaps her words came out a bit more snappish than intended, given the look that Dr. Beckett leveled at her. Ami drew a deep breath, focusing on gaining a tenuous grip on what amounted to calm. At these times she truly envied and hated her husband for his ability to disappear into the void. Over the years she'd learned a few meditative exercises, but those were nothing compared to being able to shut down completely.

"I'm fine, Dr. Beckett," Ami repeated a bit more calmly. "It's Isabelle that I'm worried about."

"I understand, but I'd like to examine you at any –"

"I said that. I'm. Fine."

"With all due respect, Dr. Jackson-Ander –"

"You know what I am, Carson," Ami lowered her voice, hissing the words through partially gritted teeth. The annoying little Scotsman was going to be death of her. (How in the bleeding hell did he manage to be chief of medical?) "You know what I can do. Of course I'm not one hundred percent tip top, how can I be when my daughter's an emotional wreck? But I assure you, outside of that, I. Am. Fine."
[User Picture]
From:sinanju
Date:December 27th, 2006 04:46 am (UTC)

[Dr. Beckett]

(Link)
"All right," Dr. Beckett said. Clearly he was going to make no headway in trying to convince the woman that she might also be affected by...whatever it was.

"Well, then," he said, "Isabelle's records suggest that she has some level of empathic ability. I suppose the first thing we should do, in the absence of physical tests, is try to determine whether she's personally affected by whatever is affecting Miss Sullivan or whether she's simply reacting to what she's sensing around her."

"Can you distinguish between those situations?" Beckett ask. "Or shield her somehow? If she's reacting to other peoples' emotions, that should at least give her some relief until we can figure out what's wrong."
[User Picture]
From:fikgirl
Date:December 27th, 2006 06:13 pm (UTC)

[Teyla]

(Link)
Teyla carefully picked herself up from the floor, watching the anthropologist carefully. She was pleased to note that the marines were doing the same; though wary and apprehensive, they didn't dare to approach the clearly emotional and distraught mother.

"How'd she -"

Teyla cut the marine off with a look and a low hiss. "Stranger things have happened, is that not one of your frequent sayings? Concern yourselves with the protection of the staff and the patients and let others worry about the how and the what of it."

A last warning glare made the marines remain where they stood, as Teyla took a few cautious steps forward. She didn't venture close enough to further upset the woman, but she wished to be in range, both to aid Carson if such should be needed and to ascertain for herself the pertinent facts and information.

Two things were clear to Teyla: that the woman had some additional mental ability that had to be considered, and as Dr. Jackson-Anderson's conversation with Carson continued, it was also apparent that Carson knew something of this.

(Does Dr. Weir know about this? Does John?)

"Do you think that I haven't tried that?" Dr. Jackson-Anderson demanded. "Of course I've tried shielding her, but then we both --" Her anger ebbed and faded, tiredness and frustration washing in to replace them. Shoulders slumping, the woman absently petted her daughter's back where the girl continued to snuggle close to Miss Sullivan. Her eyes glimmered with unshed tears, one of which rolled down her cheek and was instantly batted away. "Please, I don't know what else to do. I can't help her without making this terrible on us both."

"Ami, you know that I'm here to help you and Isabelle. But with what's happening, it may not be easy on any of us, aye?" Carson looked over his shoulder, and with a nod and a glance, the head nurse brought a chair over which the doctor lowered the woman into. "Where's your husband? Can he help?"

"He's - I don't - lower levels somewhere - we had a row."

"With all this emotional upset, it's no wonder," Carson petted her shoulder. "I still need to find out what's going on. Will you help with that? Suffer through while I do some tests and get some readings?"

"I don't know if - I don't know how much I can handle. I don't know how much Izzie can handle." The last was a low whisper.

"We'll take it slow. Give you breaks in between. Might help Miss Sullivan too."

Teyla watched in silence while the woman stared down at her hands. Finally after a long silence, when Teyla began to think that she wouldn't answer, Dr. Jackson-Anderson did with a weak nod.

"A'right then."

Feeling that it was safe to make her presence known, Teyla shifted enough to catch Carson's attention. "Dr. Beckett, if all is under control here, I will go to see Dr. Weir. Is there anything other that I should report?"

"No, not yet. I'll give her a report when I can. Although you could mention that she might want to wander down this way."

Teyla nodded and turned to leave the infirmary. The soft, almost desperate, "Miss Emmagen," stopped her. She turned, cant her head as she met the teary-eyed gaze of Dr. Jackson-Anderson.

"I'm sorry for what I did . . . earlier."

"No apology is necessary, Doctor. I do not believe that you were . . . completely yourself. Allow Dr. Beckett to see to you and your daughter. If there is anyone on Atlantis who can help you, it is he." With a polite inclination of her head, Teyla spun smoothly on her heels and exited the infirmary.

EXIT TEYLA
[User Picture]
From:sinanju
Date:December 28th, 2006 01:27 am (UTC)

[Dr. Beckett] Brainstorming

(Link)
Carson grabbed a nearby chair and placed it beside Chloe's bed. Chloe and Isabelle were still giggling and cooing at one another, though how long that would last he had no idea. "Ami, why don't you sit here with Chloe and Isabelle for now. I'll be back in just a minute."

Once Ami had taken a seat, Carson returned to his office. "What is it?" his assistant asked, "do you know? I've called security."

"I don't know, Julia," he said. "I think we can be sure it's not physical--not a disease, at any rate." If Chloe Sullivan was experiencing this, it was almost certainly not a physical ailment.

He scribbled on a notepad and tore off the sheet, handing it to Julia. "I want you to draw these sedatives from stores. We'll use the first one on cooperative patients. The other...." Julia nodded and hurried off.

Beckett sat down and looked at Miss Sullivan's medical record again. Whatever had happened on that island to restore her after she'd been nearly killed by a Wraith--and what he wouldn't give to be able to duplicate that!--had left her changed. There was a lurid note in her file that her blood was not to be used for transfusions. Even people with compatible blood types reacted like it was a mis-match.

She no longer had scars, or fillings in her teeth that pre-island medical records suggested she ought to have, and her tonsils had seemingly grown back. She had never been less than disgustingly healthy in the five years since, not even when exposed to several nasty diseases during her work with SG-23. Drugs affected her normally, save that she required considerably more than her body weight would suggest.

(So it might be a drug,) Beckett thought. (Except that they came through directly from the SGC, and so far Miss Sullivan's bloodwork showed no evidence of drugs.)

Not a disease. Not a drug, unless it was something they hadn't detected yet. Not impossible, but unlikely. Alien influences? Psychic tampering--but wouldn't Ami or her husband notice that?

"Dr. Beckett?" Julia was back with the drugs.

"Ah, good," he said. Beckett took one of the bottles from her. "I'd like you to fill several syringes with that one, and keep them handy. If we have any more violent patients, we may need them."

Beckett smiled comfortingly at Julia and then returned to Chloe's bedside. "Ami," he said, "I've got a mild sedative here. If you can convince Isabelle to drink a little of it, it should calm her down, even let her sleep for a while. It's not a cure, but it should make her more comfortable, and give you some rest."
[User Picture]
From:fikgirl
Date:December 28th, 2006 06:59 pm (UTC)

Redirect: Hit the Road

(Link)
Moving the rest of Ami's infirmary visit to the infirmary thread.
[User Picture]
From:fikgirl
Date:December 25th, 2006 04:01 am (UTC)

[Daniel, Faith] Ruh Roh Raggy

(Link)
Daniel parted company with SG-1 the moment that they received the all clear. Having both been to Atlantis before and being the foremost team of the SGC allowed he and the rest of SG-1 some liberties: in this case, wandering the city without a military escort.

Where Daniel headed was directly to the historical archives. There was still so much to be learned about the Ancients that wasn't known – where they went, the things they left behind – enough for Daniel to fill up their allotted four weeks and still not have completed all his research and thirst for knowledge. This would only be a wetting of the appetite.

Cameron interrupted him twice and Sam once while Daniel lost track of time, buried in old holographic recordings and comparing notes.

"Don't starve yourself down there, Jackson," was Cam's last comment after telling Daniel that the rest of SG-1 would be enjoying some downtime and food in the commissary.

Daniel knew that he'd won that round. SG-1 would leave him to his own devices until such time as they thought he needed sleep, coffee or to be force fed.

Therefore the arm that slinked around his waist, the very female body that pressed up against him from behind and the sultry whisper in his ear came as a complete surprise. "Don't you need a study break?"

He gave himself points for not screaming like a girl as he whirled around and backed away from the unheard and unexpected intruder. "Faith?! What the – where did you – why –" Daniel took a breath, bit his lip and exhaled. When he opened his eyes, clarity returned. "What are you doing here, Faith?"

Faith cant her head, strolling towards him in that far too familiar predatory and salacious gait that was as much a part of the woman as breathing was. "Can't I just stop by and say hi to my favorite Big Man on Campus?"

"That was a long time ago," Daniel shook his head with a slight smirk. Leave it to Faith to be among those who continually remembered – and reminded him – that he'd been the leader back during their island captivity. He was more comfortable, and happier, these days back in familiar territory; following the lead and orders given by Cam or Sam.

"What can I say?" Faith never slowed her pace or her stride, slipping into Daniel's personal space easily. "I'm gettin' all nostalgic like."

Quirking an eyebrow, Daniel backed off a few paces. He hadn't had the opportunity to play Faith's game in a while, and he recalled that it had taken some time to get used to Faith's particular type of flirting and banter, but Daniel was relatively certain that this was a bit over the top, even for Faith. "Heard that you came in with the Doctor? How'd that happen?"

Faith gave a shrug that did all sorts of interesting things to her upper body beneath the far too tight definitely non-regulation t-shirt she wore. "Just dumb luck, I guess." She pressed into his personal zone again, and his backward step wedged him between a wall, a console and a Slayer.

"You know, Danny," Faith stood on tiptoes and breathed against his mouth, "All that time on the island, I never really got what –" a grind of her hips against his " – I really wanted."

"And what was that?" Daniel's voice had that eerie calm to it, that tone of diplomacy that soothed aliens and built treaties. Inside, his brain scrambled for a way to turn Faith down. Politely. (That won't cause me bodily harm by a woman who can probably kill me with both hands tied behind her back.)

"You." She moved so quickly, Daniel didn't have an opportunity to react. One moment Faith stood in front of him, nearly kissing him. The next she was kissing him. No, not kissing; Faith's mouth connected with his, devouring him forcefully and hungrily, demanding and taking. She leapt on him, her legs winding around his waist, arms going around his torso and the part of Daniel that wasn't in the middle of appreciating the taste and feel of an attractive woman in his arms was thinking, (This could get ugly.)
[User Picture]
From:fikgirl
Date:December 27th, 2006 03:26 am (UTC)

[Daniel, Faith]

(Link)
A part of Daniel questioned why he contemplated resisting at all. That was the part that was still the geeky high school boy always on the outside whose fantasy was to have the hot girl jump his bones. Except that it was now twenty odd years later and the hot girl was half his age and would probably screw him senseless in the most literal sense of the word.

(And that's a bad thing, why? She's hot, she's willing and she is *very* able.) The very hormonal part – the part that didn't mind taking every opportunity to remind Daniel that he needed to get laid and also sounded far too much like Cameron for his liking – argued.

(Because she's Faith,) Daniel argued back. That was it in a nutshell, as much as casual sex and Faith Lehane went hand-in-hand, Daniel wasn't ready to get that casual with Faith.

Somehow, he managed to separate his mouth from Faith's. The fact that the separation happened to coincide with their gasps for air, or with Faith's lunge at his neck and throat, Daniel ignored completely in favor of assigning the victory as his own.

"Um, Faith," Daniel slid his hands up her sides to hook under her arms, willing himself to ignore the play of muscle beneath her shirt and how close his thumbs came to her breasts. "I really don't think this is such a good –" He drew a sharp breath, held back an appreciative moan as her mouth locked onto a particularly sensitive spot and her tongue did something enticing "—idea."

Faith's head jerked up, dark eyes wide and dilated. Daniel's heart sped up for reasons having absolutely nothing to do with arousal and definitely to do with fear for his well being. A slow, lazy smile turned up the corners of her mouth as she slid slowly, sensually and deliciously down his body until her feet lightly touched the ground. Rising up on tiptoes, Faith's breath danced across his lips, "You could be right, Danny."

"Oh thank god. I'm glad you – "

He had no time to prepare for her next move. The room spun and tilted wildly, and he hit the hard, cold floor with enough force to knock the air out of his lungs and temporarily send him into a dazed state. When his head cleared, Faith sat astride his hips, his arms pinned over his head. Her smile was predatory as she leaned forward.

"Then again, you could be wrong."

Then she devoured his mouth again.
[User Picture]
From:fikgirl
Date:December 27th, 2006 04:21 am (UTC)

[Daniel, Faith]

(Link)
Faith was a damn good kisser. Good was probably an understatement; she was an excellent kisser – assertive, aggressive, not so much giving as she did take and demand and the touch of her tongue and savagery of her mouth made you want to give her whatever it was she demanded. That coupled with the smell of her – not at all sweet nor perfumed but rather raw and earthen, like old clay pots and desert sand – and the feel of her, soft curves of breasts and hips and toned, taut muscles temporarily washed away any resistance that Daniel might have had.

It had been . . . a long time. And Faith was beautiful and willing and she didn't just smell like the desert which was so much the smell of home, but she tasted like it. She moved like water over sand, her hands sending ripples of desire throughout his body as they explored the bare skin beneath his shirt, as her hips rocked and ground against him, every movement and motion creating an increasing tightness in his pants and slowly eroding away whatever objections he had.

Daniel forgot himself, forgot where they were, forgot everything as he simply lost himself in the touches and kisses of the woman wrapped around him. Somehow she became pinned beneath him and it was his mouth doing the kissing and exploring and her throat tasted just as wonderful as her mouth.

"Fuck Daniel," Faith growled. Her hands dove between them, expertly grasping and unbuckling his belt.

The world shifted suddenly, foggy haze of desire and beautiful woman receding long enough for logic to take over. Daniel's hands locked automatically on her wrists while his body and the desperate, horny teenage screamed and cursed his insanity. "Faith. Stop."

"Uh uh. Not now," Faith shook her head. She gave her wrists a slight tug.

"We can't do this."

"Fuck if we –" Her eyes met his, darkening as she freed her wrists, went for his pants only to be intercepted again.

Faith gave an animalistic howl, and legs wrapped around his hips, she flipped them until she sat astride his hips. One hand held his arms pinned above his head, while the other continued its attack on his belt. "No playing hard to get, Daniel. But if you want it rough. I can do rough."

"I don't want –" Daniel's eyes widened; the belt came free with a loud rip. He bucked, not expecting to dislodge her, but happy for the element of surprise. Faith lost her grip, they rolled and he held her pinned. "I'm not playing, Faith. This stops –"

His head snapped backwards as Faith's head snapped up, knocking his forehead hard with hers. Her full body lunge somehow sent him sailing backwards, narrowly missing hitting his head on the edge of a console while Faith pinned him beneath, her mouth hard, demanding and bruising this time.

(Shades of fucking Vala,) Daniel swore mentally. Then as a few images flooded his mind, (Bad choice of words.)

The old adage of fighting fire with fire rang true and Daniel kissed her back until he regained enough of his equilibrium to grip her hair, yank her mouth away and twist her body around against his. "I'm only going to –"

That move was met by a loud crack as her skull only missed colliding with his nose because Daniel ducked and leaned just in time. The blow to her head should have made her senseless had she been anyone else, but she wasn't. And her sudden acrobatic twist and crouch left Daniel with almost no time to move before she took to the air in his direction.

The landing on the console was particularly painful, and Daniel was positive that the cracking sound he heard was his rib.

"Have you gone completely crazy?" Daniel demanded.

His only answer was Faith's mouth coming in for another attack and Daniel brought a leg up between hers with full force and strength behind it. Either Faith was off her game or toying with him because she teetered, he grabbed her hips and hoisted her over the console.

(Definitely a rib,) Daniel groaned as Faith hit the ground with a loud thud and much swearing.

He didn't even make it two feet before she was on his back, slamming him to the floor and knocking the wind from his lungs again. He winced as she pulled his head up and back by his hair. Her words were as rough as her treatment, "Don't you know it's not nice to get a girl all worked up and leave her hanging, Danny?"
[User Picture]
From:estirose
Date:December 27th, 2006 04:29 am (UTC)

[Kenzaki] Tackle

(Link)
Kenzaki heard noise and ran in that direction, vaguely aware of *something* but not sure what.

When he got to where he was going, he saw Faith-san (for he still thought of them by the names he'd given them on the island) pounding Jackson-san's head against the floor. "Faith-san!" he exclaimed, before tackling the woman away from Jackson-san. "What are you doing?"

She was stronger than he was, but he was stronger than Jackson-san, so he moved to protect the other man until he could find out exactly what was going on in there.
[User Picture]
From:fikgirl
Date:December 27th, 2006 06:58 pm (UTC)

[Daniel] Calling in the Reinforcements

(Link)
Once the ringing in his head stopped, Daniel was able to focus on his surroundings. Faith's weight was absent from his back, he didn't know how and his head was no longer making a personal acquaintance with the floor. However, the grunts and thuds he heard told him that his rescue from assualt came at a cost.

Somehow, Daniel managed to roll over onto his back and sit up. He blinked, trying to make out the two forms currently wrapped around one another, struggling for dominance. His vision cleared and he identified Faith and Kenzaki.

Faith swore and snarled, Kenzaki tried speaking calmly and the gauntlet passed back and forth as to whom had the upper hand.

(You have to stop this,) Daniel thought.

Knowing that he was no match for neither Faith nor Kenzaki, Daniel scrambled to his feet, wincing from the pain and swaying slightly in disorientation and hit the wall comm with his palm. "This is Dr. Jackson. Need security to Level 4, Historical Archives Section 2A, immediately."

He suddenly wished that he had been armed with a 'zat.
[User Picture]
From:estirose
Date:December 28th, 2006 02:07 am (UTC)

[Kenzaki] Bloody but unbowed.

(Link)
Kenzaki struggled to keep Faith away from Daniel Jackson. Faith seemed determined to get back to the man, even if it was right through Kenzaki, or at least she was intent on knocking him out. One of her fingernails had caused a gash across his forehead and partly down towards one cheek, and he was sure he was bleeding other places too. It was just that his blood was dripping down in green blotches, obscuring his vision.

He winced as her fingernails scored against his palms, causing his blood to well up there, too, as he tried to keep a hold of her wrists. Since the other man didn't seem to get the hint to leave and save himself, he had to do what he did best: save people. He just hoped Faith would calm down soon; he doubted that he could be transfused to, and he was losing a bit of blood there. Probably would have to spend quite a bit of his down time recovering. At least, unlike most humans, he wouldn't have to spend it in the infirmary.

Kenzaki was dimly aware of Daniel calling for security, and felt relieved, but kept on fighting. Kept on protecting.
[User Picture]
From:lost_mckay
Date:December 28th, 2006 02:27 am (UTC)

[Sheppard]

(Link)
Just hold on...

Security was on it's way, certainly, and the first pair arrived reasonably quickly. Having been late for the stunner request, all they really could do was... either help subdue or shoot. So, better than nothing, they 'secured' the area... one remained outside, the other went in for Dr. Jackson to help him out.

Shortly thereafter, the next round of security hit the area, but this time, armed with stunners. Large, bulky things, they looked more dangerous than they actually were. Barking an order to cease, well, more like 'Break it up!, they had to threat assess... It wouldn't take them more than a moment, however, to determine that it was Faith that was more the aggressor; that Kenzaki was playing the defensive... and the pair lifted their weapons and shot...

...at Faith.

They'd given their warning, after all.

Shortly after the burst of energy from the weapon, Sheppard rounded the corner and into the room, a little out of breath. He'd sprinted most of the way, and with the city being about the size of Manhattan... Even with the teleporters, there was some distance to be covered.
[User Picture]
From:estirose
Date:December 28th, 2006 02:43 am (UTC)

[Kenzaki]

(Link)
Kenzaki saw Faith hit by the weapon, relieved to recognize it was a stunner... no permanent damage. He set her down and moved away, glad to have done his job. As soon as security was gone, he'd go off and "eat" enough to regain his energy and start regaining his blood.

He looked over at Daniel, giving him a smile. He felt almost deliriously happy that he'd done well at what he was built to do.
[User Picture]
From:fikgirl
Date:December 28th, 2006 02:50 am (UTC)

[Teyla]

(Link)
Teyla encountered Ronan halfway to the archives.

"I'm starting to get the feeling that all our 'visitors' have gone crazy," Ronan said by way of greeting as they fell into a comfortable jog together.

"They certainly are not behaving in a logical manner," Teyla agreed.

They rounded the corner a few moments after John, entering the room in time to take in the situation. Clearly, the one called Faith – the woman who'd attempted to work her charms on John earlier – had been the aggressor of some sort as could be seen by her unconscious body crumpled on the floor.

Dr. Jackson and Kenzaki were injured, one badly bruised with a lip and eye that were beginning to swell and the other gouged and bleeding – (Green. There's something that you certainly do not see everyday. Even here.)

Teyla accepted the presence of the alien with a nod. He had been approved by the earthers at the SGC and by Dr. Weir after all.

"Faith needs to go the infirmary," Dr. Jackson was saying. "I don't believe that she is in a rational frame of mind at this time."

"Lot of that going around," John said. "She get pissed off and attack you both?"

"Yes," Dr. Jackson nodded. "She definitely got pissed off." He winced and groaned a bit as he leaned against the wall.

"I do not believe that it is only Faith who needs to visit the infirmary," Teyla observed.

"Well, it wouldn't be a good week if I didn't," Dr. Jackson muttered.

Teyla merely stared at him, and decided that there were times when she still did not get earther humor.
[User Picture]
From:lost_mckay
Date:December 28th, 2006 04:05 am (UTC)

[Sheppard]

(Link)
Sheppard winced at the scene. "Yeah..." The word was pronounced slowly. "How 'bout we get you guys to the Infirmary. I'm sure Doctor Beckett'll be more than happy to give you a lookover." He looked at Daniel, his expression a sympathetic wince. "You know the drill." As for Kenzaki, he added, "You too. I'm sure he can do something for you. Heck. He could cure a wraith... That is, if he had to." He paused a moment before he added, "He pretty much did, come to think of it. Or close to it."

Twisting around at the arrival of the other two, his brows rose and a smile was levelled at the Athosian even as he addressed both. "Hey. Missed the fun. Then again, so did I." He nodded and looked back at the mess. "Remind me to keep saying 'no'." Why, he wasn't going to say.

"I'd say she'd need to go, too. Contact her friend she came in with, tell him all the gory... most of the gory details, and we'll put her under security while she's here. Heck... maybe Doctor Beckett'll send him the bill."

"So far-- Oh, Dr. Jackson. Caught the rest of your team in a bar brawl in the messhall. Or almost. Thankfully, the Colonels stood down... as did the big guy. Thankfully." Twisting aroud again, Sheppard glanced at his own 'Chewbacca'. "Sorry, you weren't there. He could pummel me without a second's thought."

And it was back again to Daniel. "I'm thinking that this is not quite a normal day around here..."
[User Picture]
From:sophiedb
Date:December 28th, 2006 10:19 am (UTC)

[Jon]

(Link)
"Hi Daniel, long time no see. Fancy meeting you here, all bruised and what not." This was almost as strange a reunion as that damn island, but given that this was the Lantean archives.. "You didn't, y'know, touch something, did you? Drink, eat?"

Daniel ignored him pointedly, rummaging around for what - glasses?

"Any of you? Even Teal'c. Fine that Faith started on you guys rather than the other way round, but two fights at the same time? SG1's coincidence quota ran out years ago. Atlantis' too."

"Others have also entered Dr Beckett's care under unusual circumstances," Teyla remarked. "All recent arrivals."

Ronon was looking from Daniel to Kenzaki to Faith appreciatively. "She's good."
[User Picture]
From:fikgirl
Date:December 28th, 2006 01:09 pm (UTC)

[Daniel, Teyla]

(Link)
Despite his various aches, Ronon's comment amused Daniel. He smirked, and only winced a bit. A sparkle caught his eye and he knelt down, happy that his glasses somehow managed to land out of range of the physical tussling. "Faith is . . . special." Daniel fit his glasses on his face, blinked at several large smudges and pulled them off to clean them. "She's going to need atypical restraints. She's a lot stronger than she looks. A lot."

"How strong?" Sheppard asked. "Ronon strong? Teal'c strong? Wraith strong?"

"Yes," Daniel and Jon answered in stereo.

"Jinx," also in stereo, followed by, "Stop that!"

"Ok, now *that's* a little scary," Sheppard piped up. He motioned to the marine contigent. "You heard the man, let's get sleeping beauty over to the infirmary and see about some restraints." His attention shifted to Teyla, "Who else has been acting 'out of character'?"

----------------------

(Curioser and curioser,) Teyla thought as she listened to Dr. Jackson explain Faith's strength. She might have thought it was exaggeration, but Jon agreed with the assessment. But if she were that strong, then it meant that she'd attacked Jackson first, but hadn't been intent on doing him harm. Kenzaki the woman clearly intended to harm, and Teyla suspected that were it not for his alien nature, she might have succeeded. The question that lingered was: what set her off?

(What triggered any of the unusual responses?)

"Chloe Sullivan of SG-23," Teyla answered promptly at John's inquiry. A brief smile lit upon her face as she met his gaze, and she banished it as quickly as she could. Now wasn't the time for such things. (What things?)

"She attacked me in the corridor," Teyla continued. "Dr. Beckett has her restrained in the infirmary. Dr. Jackson-Anderson and her daughter are also there. I do not believe that Dr. Jackson-Anderson is in proper control, either."

"Okay, *that* could be bad," Dr. Jackson muttered.
[User Picture]
From:lost_mckay
Date:December 28th, 2006 02:30 pm (UTC)

[Sheppard]

(Link)
In Dr. Jackson's current messy state of dress, Sheppard would say that it wasn't harm that the woman was after... But poor Kenzaki bore a huge brunt of it, apparently in the attempt to keep the lovebirds apart.

John looked at Teyla and Ronon, considering, before he gave Teyla his full attention. His brow creased to hear about the attack, and he exhaled slowly, once the report was finished. His smile was grim, and he nodded. This wasn't pretty. And tonight was movie night!

"Right. If this gets too bad, we may have to move people off to the Alpha Site. We need to round up -everyone- who just arrived and check them for the same symptoms." Which isn't going to be fun. "We got more scientists in, more military. For now, I think we can handle it here."

For now. As to whether or not to tell McKay, well... he hasn't called in to complain of any strange behavior, so maybe they're safe there?

Hitting his radio, Sheppard looked up in silent supplication. "Elizabeth, Sheppard. We've got a little problem here... and we may have to make use of the Alpha site for a little." Time to get the cots set up.

"What's the status, John?" Elizabeth's voice held a note of concern. She'd heard about the calls for security, and for the Alpha Site to be recommended?

"I don't know yet." As he spoke, now, he looked about the room, wincing at the green blood. In short order, he returned his attention to his own team, Teyla and Ronan, as he continued. "Hope to have an answer for you soon. Sheppard out."

"Beckett, Sheppard. We have a few more. Dr. Jackson is a little beat up, but doesn't look too bad. One, we'll need special restraints for... and one... Well, you'll see." The Colonel knew the doc hated that, but if he didn't do that once in a while, where would the fun be? "Sheppard out."

Taking a deep breath, he nodded at those gathered. "Right. Infirmary. Need to get you guys checked out, and check with the doc as to what is going on." Taking a step back, he gestured towards the door for Teyla, and looked at Ronan, Jon, et al. "Then, we need to check on the rest."
[User Picture]
From:estirose
Date:December 28th, 2006 02:45 pm (UTC)

[Kenzaki]

(Link)
Why did these people think he needed the infirmary? Kenzaki frowned. He'd needed it when he was still human, but one of the advantages of his new form is that he never saw the inside of the place unless it was an annual exam, a post-mission exam, or escorting someone to the infirmary. All he needed was some time and some water and he'd be fine. Sheppard should understand, should know, and if he didn't, Daniel Jackson did.

He looked firmly at Sheppard and the others. "I'm not going."
[User Picture]
From:sophiedb
Date:December 28th, 2006 03:38 pm (UTC)

[Jon]

(Link)
Stifling a "ya think?" at Daniel's comment regarding Ami, Jon helped pick up the bits and pieces dislodged during the fight. At least there weren't a zillion shredded books, though maintenance was bound to grumble about replacing a broken display screen.

"I'm not going."

Jon looked up. Ken wasn't looking happy there, not happy at all. Neither was he when about to be pounced by a vampiric voodoo-meddler, Scottish or not, but being superhuman wasn't going to excuse anyone.

"Not much to do with bandages, Ken. Chances are we'll all end up getting checked in case whatever this is is spreading." The marines were already leaving, Faith still out cold. "And in case you missed it on the tour, the infirmary is this way. C'mon."
[User Picture]
From:lost_mckay
Date:December 28th, 2006 04:06 pm (UTC)

[Sheppard]

(Link)
Thanks for the back-up, Murphy...

Sheppard closed ranks, as it were, with Jon, shoulder to shoulder, adding to the man's words.

Sheppard's tones rose in irritation as he looked at the other man seeping green. "It wasn't a request... You're going, just like the rest. If she was suffering from something, I want to be sure we're all clear. Got it?" He didn't like having to give a direct order, but he would if he needed to. And he needed to. Now, however, his back was up and he wouldn't allow people to start disobeying orders, alien, unkillable... person or not.

He considered the matter over and turned to the others, ticking off the things yet to do, filling in the blanks. "I'll get McKay on testing the air and the 'gate." Still, Faith didn't come through the gate, so that might not be the link, and he wasn't considering Dr. Jackson as being 'affected'. "Colonel Carter is benched until she's cleared by Dr. Beckett."

Down one brain... and a brain they could have used.

"We're going to be busy, if our luck holds." Good luck, bad luck...
[User Picture]
From:estirose
Date:December 28th, 2006 04:33 pm (UTC)

[Kenzaki]

(Link)
Kenzaki was getting increasingly annoyed by Sheppard's words, but was determined not to show it. But he wasn't going to the infirmary, he didn't need to take up space if people were hurt. The weak and the wounded were going to be enough without adding a perfectly healthy (if in need of a wash) him. "I don't need to be there. I'm fine." His tone was as calm as he could make it, figuring nothing would be accomplished by shouting.
[User Picture]
From:fikgirl
Date:December 28th, 2006 05:09 pm (UTC)

[Daniel]

(Link)
Daniel caught Jon's eye and gave his head a subtle tilt to indicate Kenzaki. He knew that Sheppard might or might not understand Daniel's meaning, but Jon would read him loud and clear. He also thought as loudly as he could, (I think that we might have another infected.) Daniel that Kenzaki could be stubborn, but not so much as to argue a direct order from a superior officer.

"Kenzaki," Daniel slipped into his 'diplomat' voice, "You may physically be well, but clearly there are those, including Faith," Daniel paused, watching two marines hoist the unconscious Slayer carefully out of the door, "who are not. We've all possibly been exposed to something and we need to be checked. This is routine, and you know the drill.

"Stop arguing with direct orders. We're guests here and we really don't want to upset the chain of command," Daniel added in Japanese. (Although it sounds like we may have already done that. Cameron, Sam and Teal'c?) He made a mental note to visit his teammates as soon as he got checked out and figuratively knocked some sense into Kenzaki.
[User Picture]
From:estirose
Date:December 29th, 2006 12:27 am (UTC)

[Kenzaki]

(Link)
Kenzaki glowered at Sheppard, but considered what he'd heard. Sheppard was ordering him to go, and there were still Marines nearby with stunners. They wouldn't knock him out, but they would make him very woozy, giving Sheppard all the excuse he needed to send Kenzaki to the infirmary.

On the other hand, if he went to the infirmary of his own free will, he'd be able to convince them he was fine. And while he was under observation, he'd be able to absorb energy and heal faster.

"Wakarimashita," he said, dipping into his own native language, and adding the English translation. "I understood."


> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com